If I say I've been bursting with things to say, I'd be grossly understating it........
After two months of working, here I unveil the very pretty, coy and colourful Rapunzel......
At the outset, let me clarify that this is NOT my design. The original of this is a digital painting by Barnali Bagchi, which has been adapted (heavily in places, actually) to quilling. I can never thank the lady enough for creating a stunning piece that I couldn't resist quilling.......
For the first time in my quilling career, I spent 1.5 months just figuring out how to convert this painting to quilling. And as usual, there were anxiety pangs about whether I could even make it at all!
The most daunting factor in this painting was its size. Massive is more like it. The painting stood at 3 feet x 4 feet and I literally stared at the blank board, alternating between escapism and determination. Finally, I got started and the first part (quillographed outline) was a song. Once the hair started, my nightmare began. It was only much later that Barnali was kind enough to inform me that the dame's name is Rapunzel! For almost 1 month, I made JUST tresses! Some snippets from the WIP (work in progress) times.......
|Pre-beginning printout, which is a compilation of 8 prints of A3 size.....|
|Version 1 of the lady's face (which was scrapped to make a better once later)|
|A bit of progress :)|
|And this should put the size in perspective :)|
|The flowers getting added up|
|The never-ending tresses! Rapunzel indeed|
|Version 1 of background, which gave way to a different one later on|
|Nearly over, just a little short of completion......|
And one of those rare times when I have a photo of me working on the project :) Thanks to my husband for this :)
I also have to thank Manali for doing the beehiving on the right arm of the "moon" Rapunzel is perched on. Thank you to Richa too, for doing the left arm of the "moon" :)